Saturday, July 9, 2011

Increased Estrogen Increased HDL Decreases LDL

While having higher levels of estrogen during my premenopausal years is all well and good, during pre-block weekend and dealing with the evil that is Skype 5.0, when I weigh the pros of having increased HDL, decreased LDL and a decreased predisposition towards atherosclerosis, I would rather have less hormones surging through my blood stream. Is it so much to ask that skype acknowledge the fact that my camera works fine? That my video renderer is perfectly fine and that they need to get with the program?

I'm on a tropical island. I've been studying for weeks. There are probably 1000+ slides that I need to know by Monday morning and all I asked for was half of hour to see my family. But no, clearly only they need to see my distraught face as I huddle in a jacket because of the subzero temperatures inflicted by the uncontrollable A/C unit in each and every room of this building.

So, skype, fix your bug and let me see my family. Because right now, I would give up the added bonus of being a female with increased estrogen and the benefits it provides in saving me from having plaques in my blood vessels for a minute of video feed from my parents. And coming from a hormonally imbalanced medical student, that plea is the best you'll ever get.

No comments: