Thursday, May 2, 2013

Back to Childhood

April is not yet half over and it's already been a busy two weeks, (Alright, this has been a post in the making for too long and it's actually the beginning of May now. But the rest still applies in terms of busy, what with starting Peds (or as the Brits spell it, Paeds), and planning sneaky dinners consisting of bill hijacking (I really did have to use the WC!) and baby shower baskets of sweet little newborn necessities.

As opposed to my usual food inclined posts, this will be more knitterly based. Yes, I realize that most of the words I'm typing aren't grammatically correct, nor are they real words. But as I've said previously, since I know what proper English language should be like, I continue to ramble along without heeding the rules.

It's been almost a year since we left the island and I had to say goodbye to all the babies and kids I've watched grow up for two years. It was definitely bittersweet. But just last month, I learned of more newborns who will be joining the world this year. That and my 6 weeks of pediatrics has changed the bittersweet feeling into excitement.

To start it off, I thought a little button-up vest in blue for newborn baby boy #1 in July would be absolutely adorable.

After looking through loads and loads of patterns on Ravelry, I decided on Pebble aka Henry's Cobblestone-inspired Manly Baby Vest. However, I may have un-manned it a little bit by duplicate stitching the whale from Save the baby whales! on the front. Since the chart was for working top down, the whale was upside down. Thankfully Adobe had the forethought to allow rotation of the page so that I didn't even have to transpose the chart myself. :) Lazy much? haha.

I hope it fits for a little while at least. :) And since I had quite a bit of the ball left, I thought a matching hat would be cute. There was only going to be one stripe but then I thought two would be even better. For the hat, I used the basic pattern of the Berry Baby Hat but instead of making the berry top, I just knit in the dark blue.
And now, the two together! Hopefully, baby's mommy will give me permission to post a picture of the finished outfit on baby boy when he is born. :)

No comments: