Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!

Another year has passed and we are now 15 years into the new century. What will the next 365 days bring? As always, may this year be joyful and bright, full of memories to be made, friendships to built and maintain and perhaps a bit of love to blossom? ;) Now I get ahead of myself, that will be a post for February.

The beginning of the year is full of enthusiasm and optimism, wiping the slate clean and starting anew. A common question people ask of one another is: What are your New Year's Resolutions? Some hold that they are merely made to be broken. While others use them as jumping off points for goals of the year. So I ask of you the same question, as both a writing challenge for the new year and as a promise to yourself, what are your resolutions for the coming year?

Myself, I am not going to pretend that I will be posting as much as I want. But neither will I let my creative juices lie stagnant for long. This year, I want to continue to find myself, who I am, who I want to be and all the little nuances of my personality I have yet to smooth over and figure out. But most of all, I'm going to enjoy the little things in life, the aspects we all take for granted and make the most of each day. For a more concrete resolution, at least 10-15 minutes of each day will be used for something creative, whether it be working on a story, continuing a knitting project or crafting a new set of earrings.

So far, I think I've done fairly well, for those who follow the fiber crafts, this is the Year of the Ram (or Sheep) however you wish to translate the Chinese. And what is more integral to our craft than yarn, plies of wool spun from the combed locks shorn off woolen beasts and dyed into vibrant colors for our pleasure. This will a year of fiber and fun, of more knitting to come and crochet to learn.

Already, I have finished a test knit for a pair of boot cuffs by another Raveler, the name of the pattern which is yet to be determined.

Lacey, a pop of color to brighten up any set of boots and a layer of extra warmth against the cold winter, this pattern took no more than a few days of careful attention to finish. Links to follow when the pattern is released. Until then, stay warm. :)

No comments: