Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Diamond of My Heart Shawl Pattern



So... After much dithering, playing around with Excel, and realizing my charts looked exceedingly wonky, Diamond of My Heart is finally up for download. This is my first ever knit pattern.

It came about as my former roommate and I contemplated designing our own shawls after seeing all of the other pretty yet simple shawls available on Ravelry. I have no preference whether the pattern is "easy" or "hard" while my friend likes something of a challenge. So, this is for those who like a little bit of both.

The main body is a simple diamond eyelet stitch while the edging requires a little bit more attention due to the addition of hearts. This is a shawl for all those who think that diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Pattern Link Diamond of My Heart

Larger Version of Chart 2 With More Hearts

The sample was knit on US 6/4.0 mm 24" circular needles in Misti Alpaca Lace Canada - Colorway Blue Mist Melange and used less than 1 skein at 437 yards/50 grams.

5 comments:

Kate G. said...

I watched parts of this great project come together during third Saturdays at the library. Congratulations on seeing it through to a gorgeous finish.

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to do this shawl but can't read charts because of a brain recognition problem. Are the any written instructions? Pleasse say there are

Exiledmuse said...

Sorry, the instructions are currently only in chart form. Hopefully when I get a bit of free time, I'll work on transcribing them.

Terri said...

Can you give me an approximate time commitment on this? I've never knit a shawl before, so I'd like to know what I'd be getting into.

Anonymous said...

I have been hunting for the exact content like this. You have made my day. Now I can think of just one thing and that is commenting as a way of appreciating.And yes i have digg your site forgotten-dreamers.blogspot.com .