Sunday, March 4, 2012

As promised

As promised earlier, I did a little math and made that monstrosity of a flourless chocolate cake into a manageable two serving size. Not only did the calories count go down but the richness became something you could conceivably eat more of without getting overwhelmed. So here we go.

Two Serving Size Flourless Chocolate Cake

2 oz chocolate
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbs brewed coffee
1/4 tbs cocoa powder
1 egg

Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave (takes about 1 min on high). Add sugars and coffee ( I had leftover coffee from the day before). Mix well. Toss in a bit of cocoa powder (I know I did math but truthfully, I just tapped some out of the can and into the bowl). Add the egg and mix until completely incorporated.

Lightly oil the bottoms of two large muffin cups.

Preheat oven to 350. Fill cups no more than an inch high (it WILL rise). Bake for about 45-50 min. It will be done with a toothpick goes in and wet crumbs come outAnd I bet an oven safe mug would work too, those giant one you can practically eat soup out of. Mmmm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so going to try this in a giant mug!
Quick check: that's 350 Fahrenheit, yes?

Cx

Exiledmuse said...

Yup! That's Fahrenheit. :)